The College of Agriculture and Food Science (CAFS) is the largest and oldest college of the Visayas State University. It is a Center of Excellence in Agriculture and is among the leading institutions in the fields of soil science, crop and animal sciences, food science, and development communication in the Philippines.
The College is composed of nine (9) academic departments which include the Department of Animal Science (DAS), Department of Agronomy (DA), Department of Soil Science (DSS), Department of Agricultural Education & Extension (DAEEx), Department of Development Communication (DDC), Department of Food Science & Technology (DFST), Department of Plant Breeding & Genetics (DPBG), Department of Horticulture (DOH), and the Department of Pest Management (DPM).
BOR Resolutions, CMOs & COPCs
BOR - Board of Regents
CMO - Commission on Higher Education’s (CHED) Memorandum Order
COPC - Certificate of Program Compliance
Awards and Recognitions
- Center of Excellence, Commission on Higher Education (CHED)
- National Science Consortium member, Department of Science and Technology (DOST)
- National University College of Agriculture (NUCA), CHED
- EXPERTS Consortium member (7 European and 13 Asian universities; funded by European Union)
- AREAS Consortium member (10 European and 10 Asian Universities; founded by European Union)
- The first BSA Program in the country to be awarded with the highest accreditation level (level 4) by AACCUP on April 2014.
- Academic Partnership with the University of Hohenheim, Stuttgart, Germany
- Academic Partnership with the National Taiwan University, Taipei, ROC
- Academic partnership with Hiroshima University, Japan