- Food Product development
- Jackfruit dehydration
- Food Science
- Sensory Evaluation of Foods
- Food Chemistry
|PhD in Food Science||University of the Philippines Los Baños||2011|
|MS in Food Science and Technology||Leyte State University (now VSU)||2002|
|Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Chemistry||Visayas State College of Agriculture (now VSU)||2002|
- Regional winner of the All-Rice Beverage Contest - Murcia, Negros Occidental (Oct. 23, 2007)
- National First Prize winner of the All-Rice Beverage Contest - PhilRice, Munoz, Nueva Ecija (Nov. 5, 2007)
- National Certificate II in Food Processing (June 11, 2010 - June 11, 2015)
- National TVET Assessors Level 1 (TQ 1) in Food Processing NC II (Nov. 30, 2010 - Nov. 30, 2015)
- Exemplary Academic performance towards the completion of the PhD degree in Food Science Class 2012 - Food Science Cluster, College of Agriculture, UPLB, College Laguna. (April 27, 2012)
- Outstanding Teacher of the DFST, VSU during the DFST 1st Alumni Homecoming - VSU, Visca, Baybay City, Leyte (May 19, 2012)
- Keeper of Service Award during the 2013 Honors & Awards Convocation - VSU, Visca Baybay City, Leyte (March 5, 2013)
- Loyalty Award for 10 years of continuous and dedicated service to VSU - VSU, Visca, Baybay City, Leyte (Sept. 25, 2013)
- 2nd Place, Poster Exhibit during the Regional Health Research Summit dated - LNU, Gymnasium, Tacloban City. (May 14, 2014)
- Best On-going Research Project during the VSU Level 2 Research and Development/Extension (RDE) Review-Cluster 4 - VSU (RDL, FJA, LAG and DACV) (November 28, 2014)
- 4th Best Poster - 26th Joint ViCARP and RRDEN Regional Research, Development and Extension Symposium, VSU (May 17-18, 2015)
Galvez, Lorina A. and Palomar, Lutgarda S. April 2007. Impact Assessment of Stabilized Peanut Butter for a Small Company in the Visayas In Monograph Series No. 9 USAID-PCRSP (USA & Phil.) pp.81-93.
Palomar, Lutgarda S. , Galvez, Lorina A. , Paloma, Lucy B. , Gravoso, Rotacio T. , San Juan, Edith N. , Natividad, Amelita C. and Resurreccion,. Anna V.A. April 2007. Impact Assessment and Shelf-life of a Peanut Brittle from the Visayas In Monograph Series No. 9 USAID-PCRSP (USA & Phil.) pp.131-184.
Galvez , Lorina A. , Palomar, Lutgarda S. , Cinto, Benjamin L. and Oclarit,. Jonathan L. March 2007. Note on Optimization of Levels of Garlic Flavorant and Roasting Time on the Acceptability of Oven Roasted Peanuts. In Monograph Series No. 7 USAID-PCRSP (USA & Phil.) pp.389-409.
Palomar, Lutgarda S., Galvez, Lorina A., Paloma, Lucy B., Gravoso, Rotacio T. December 2006. Note on the Adoption of the Improved process for the Vitamin A. Fortification of Stabilized Peanut Butter in a Small Company. In Monograph Series No. 5 USAID-PCRSP (USA & Phil.) pp.273-295.
Galvez, Lorina A. "Phytochemical Evaluation of Vetiver Grass". In Vetiveria (Quarterly Newsletter of the Vetiver Network Philippines) Vol. 2 June 1997 page 3.n
Lorina A. Galvez & Lucy B. Paloma 2013. Consumer-Based Optimization and product Profiling of Garlic-Flavored Oven-Roasted Peanuts; Science and Humanities Journal Vol. 10, pp. 16-35.ISSN:0119-4909
Galvez, Lorina A., Patindol, R.A. & Mabesa, L.B. 2013. Influence of Variety and Sulfite on Controlling Browning during Storage of Dehydrated Jackfruit (Artocarpus heterophyllus Lam.) Pulp. Annals of Tropical Research. 35 (2): 40-59
Galvez, Lorina A. 201. Variety and Sulfite Levels Affect Microbial and Sensory Properties of Dehydrated Jackfruit (Artocarpus heterophyllus Lam.) During Storage. Annals of Tropical Research. (Accepted for Publication, July to December 2015 issue)