- Rice Production
- Weed Management
- Crop Physiology
|PhD Units in Crop Science||University of Arkansas, USA|
|MS in Agronomy||Visayas State University|
|BS in Agriculture major in Horticulture||Visayas State University|
- Best Trainee Award: Training on Enabling the AgRiDOC: A New Breed of Rice Extensionist, CES PhilRice, Munoz, Nueva Ecija. October 24, 2015
- Panelists’ Choice for Development Project Proposal Award. Training on Enabling the AgRiDOC: A New Breed of Rice Extensionist, CES PhilRice, Munoz, Nueva Ecija. October 24, 2015
- Member of the 1st Place Team, Southern Weed Science Society Contest at Tifton, Georgia, USA
- 3rd Place, Arkansas Crop Protection Association Oral Presentation Contest at Fayetteville, Arkansas, USA
- Member of the 1st Place Team, Southern Weed Science Society Contest at Gainsville, Florida, USA
- 3rd Place Individual Overall, Southern Weed Science Society Contest at Gainsville, Florida, USA
- Awarded Graduate Assistantship, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Arkansas
S. Singh, N.R. Burgos, V. Singh, E.A.L. Alcober, R.S. Perez, and V.Shivrain. 2018. Differential Response of Arkansas Palmer Amaranth (Amaranthus palmeri) to Glyphosate and Mesotrione. Weed Tech. Vol. 32, Issue 5. pp. 579-585.
C.E. Schaedler, N.R. Burgos, A. Noldin, E.A.L. Alcober, R.A. Salas, and D. Agostinetto. Competitive Ability of ALS-Inhibitor Herbicide-Resistant Fimbristylis miliacea. 2015. Weed Res. 2015. Vol. 5,Issue 5. pp 482-492.
E.A.L. Alcober, M.D. Ratilla, O.B. Capuno and J.S. Valenzona. 2014. Evaluation of Different Cropping Systems for Marginal Uplands in Inopacan, Leyte. 2014. Annals of Tropical Research Vol. 36: 124-138.
G.M. Botha, N.R. Burgos, E.E. Gabur, E.A.L. Alcober, R.A.Salas. and R.C. Scot. 2013. Interaction of Glufosinate with 2, 4-D, Dicamba,and Tembotrione on Glyphosate-resistant Amaranthus palmeri. American Journal of Experimental Agriculture 2014. 4(4): 427-442.
T. M. Tseng, N. R. Burgos*, V.K. Shivrain†, E .A. Alcober and A Mauromoustakos. 2013. Inter- and intrapopulation variation in dormancy of Oryza sativa (weedy red rice) and allelic variation indormancy-linked loci. Weed Res. 2013. Vol.53. Issue 6. pp.440-451.
R. A. Salas, N. R. Burgos , A. Mauromoustakos, R.B. Lassiter, R. C. Scott and E. A. Alcober. 2013. Resistance to Accase and ALS Inhibitors in Lolium perenne sp. Multiflorum in the United State, Journal of Crop and Weed 9(1): 168-183(2013)
N. R. Burgos, E. A. Alcober, A. Ruah, B. Ruah, L. Estorninos, T. M. Tseng, K. L. Smith. The Spread and Population Genetics of Glyphosate-Resistant Palmer Amaranth in Arkansas, Summaries of Arkansas Cotton Research 2008 and 2009. Research Series 573 and 582.