- Rural Organizations & Livelihoods
- Rural Development Program/ Project Assessment
- Extension Effectiveness
|PhD in Extension Education||University of the Philippines Los Baños|
|Master of Science (Rural Sociology)||University of the Philippines Los Baños|
|Bachelor of Arts (Political Science)||University of San Jose-Recoletos|
- Presidential Lingkod Bayan Award as member of the VSU ForestAL Advocates (2018)
- Dangal ng Bayan Awardee regional winner for Eastern Visayas and seminfinalist for the national search, 2004
- Golden Plow Awardee as 1989 Outstanding Department of Agriculture Employee for Operations and Extension (ATI-NTC Visayas), awarded by Agriculture Secretary Senen C. Bacani, at the PCA Executive Lounge, Diliman, Quezon City, during the 73rd DA Anniversary. (May 2, 1990)
- Fulbright Advance Research Fellow, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York (2004-2005)
- Fulbright Occasional Lecturer, Virginia State University, Petersburg, Virginia (2005)
- Elected into the International Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi for overall academic excellence in UPLB (1999)
- Elected into the Pi Gamma Mu International Honor Society in the Social Sciences (1999)
- Elected into the Gamma Sigma Delta Honor Society in Agriculture (1998)
2007. The Face of Subsistence Farming in the Philippines. In Alfred Conklin, Jr. and Tom Stilwell, World Food: Production and Use. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley& Sons, Inc.
2003. Fisherfolk Participation in NGO Extension and its Effect on Empowerment and Equity. Kini, 6,38-42.
1989. Impact of the Training Program of the Philippine Training Centers for Rural Development on Farmer Modernity. Annals of Tropical Research, 11 (1-4), 1-11.
1989. Comparison Between Action Programs Implemented by the Individual, Individuals-Grouped-as-One, and the Family. Annals of Tropical Research 11 (1-4), 72-81.