- Crop Physiology
- Plant Nutrition
|PhD in Crop Science (Agronomy)||Central Luzon State University|
|MSc in Agronomy||Leyte State University (now VSU)|
|BSA major in Soil Science||Visayas State College of Agriculture (now VSU)|
- Publication Award from VSU for the article entitled "A review of postharvest treatments to maintain mango (Mangifera indica L.) quality published in the Annals of Tropical Research 38(1):81-93" (2016)
- ASTHRDP-National Science Consortium (NSC) doctoral scholarship of the Department of Science and Technology for PhD studies (2014-2018)
- Model Science Research Assistant given by Visayas State University for exemplary performance during its 89th Anniversary Convocation at the VSU Gymnatorium (August 10, 2013)
- Erasmus Mundus EXPERTS Scholarship of the European Commission for on-month training in laboratory work at the Research Center for Toxicology (RECETOX), Masaryk University, Czech Republic (April 20-May 20, 2012)
- Doctoral Scholarship by the National Pingtung University of Science and Technology (NPUST), Taiwan, Republic of China-for doctoral studies in Tropical Agriculture (2008)
- Consistent Dean`s Lister as PhD Student (GPA=1.25), Central Luzon State University (2014-2017)
Asio, VB and LG Asio. 2021. Properties, Fertility Status, and Sustainable Management of Degraded Tropical Soils. In book: Sustainable Soil Fertility Management (H.S. Jatav, S.K. Singh, V.D. Rajput & T. Minkina, editors) Edition: First Chapter: Chapter 1 Publisher: Nova Science Publishers, New York.
Asio, LG and NE dela Cruz. 2020. Application of Mitscherlich-Bray equation to formulate fertilizer recommendations for sweetpotato in Leyte, Philippines. Annals of Tropical Research 42(2):30-42 © VSU, Leyte, Philippines.
Relente, F and LG Asio. 2020. Nitrogen application improved the growth and yield performance of sweetpotato (Ipomoea batatas (L.) Lam). Annals of Tropical Research 42(1):45-55 © VSU, Leyte, Philippines.
Asio, LG, NV Tamayo and NE dela Cruz. 2018. Response of a Traditional Sweetpotato (Ipomoea batatas [L.]) Variety to Fertilization in Leyte, Philippines. Conference: TROPENTAG 2018: Annual interdisciplinary conference on Research in tropical & subtropical agriculture, Natural Resource Management & Rural Development. Ghent University, Belgium, 17-19 Sept 2018.
Villamayor, FP, VB Asio, AO Lerios, LG Asio, and JR Sabijon. 2017. Soil erosion in the marginal upland of Inopacan, Leyte. Annals of Tropical Research 39 (SUPPLEMENT A): 115-124 (2017) © VSU, Leyte, Philippines.
Asio, L.G. and F. D. Cuaresma. 2016. A Review of Postharvest treatments to maintain mango (Mangifera indica L.) quality. Annals of Tropical Research 38(1):81-93 © VSU, Leyte, Philippines.
Asio, V. B., M. M. Bande, L. G. Asio and P. P. Milan. 2011. Rehabilitation of Degraded Upland through Rainforestation Farming: Impact on Soil Properties and Fertility. Proceeding of the 14th Annual Meeting and Scientific Conference, Visayas State University, Baybay, Leyte, Philippines. pp58-59
Asio, L. G. 2010. Response of corn to chicken dung and rich hull ash application. Soil and Environment Blog. http://soil-environment.blogspot.com
Asio, L. G. and A. B. Escasinas. 2004. Response of corn to chicken dung and rice hull ash application and mycorrhizal fungi inoculation. Annals of Tropical Research 26:23-38 © VSU, Leyte, Philippines.
Asio, L. G. 2004. Utilization of rice hull ash and chicken dung as combines organic fertilizers inoculated with mychorrhizal fungi. Msc. Thesis, Leyte State University, Baybay, Leyte, Philippines.